Re: Victory over blue green algae -- maybe???

At 3:48 PM -0500 3/11/98, Merrill wrote:

>"After observing the sudden reduction in BGA, I dumped in three capsules of
>erythromycin this weekend. That has accelerated the demise of the BGA and
>my tank only has a few small clumps of it left."
>
>Now, Paul, you had better keep a check on your ammonia and nitrite levels
>as erythromycin also has an effect on your good bacteria.  It certainly is
>not good to use antibiotics indiscriminately!  Hope it works out for you.

Your right. The filter has been plugging up with dead BG and the water is
clouding sllightly. I'm doing 33 percent water changes every two to three
days until things stabilize.

It's such a pleasure to see the plants wihtout the thick coat of BGA.

Paul

Paul Nicholson               Electronic Imaging Systems, Inc.
TEL 805 532 1068             5148 Commerce Avenue, Unit F
FAX 805 532 1065             Moorpark, CA 93021 U.S.A.
paul at eisusa_com		     http://www.eisusa.com