Re: Zebra mussels

>From: David Soh, Mar. 11

>Wow, what a response. Looks like I opened a can of worms. According to the
>website on this organism, it has already spread right down to the Texas
>coast. Anyway, thanks for your inputs, guys.

That agrees with my thinking.  The genie is out of the bottle and it isn't
going to be stuffed back in.  Zebra mussels aren't all bad, however.  I
remember reading in the science news section of Scientific American last
year that Vallisneria in the Lake Erie area, once thought to be endangered,
is making a tremendous comeback now that the water has been cleared by the
mussels.  With that report in mind I was wondering why the aquatic plants
were down in the lake that David originally described.

Paul Krombholz, in chilly central Mississippi where we are expecting to go
down to 20 degrees F. tomorrow night.