KITTY LITTER INFO

hello all .. its me again .. mike .. i would like to ask a few
questions again ... i recently purchased about 10lbs of kitty
litter and am planning to use it for my 75 gal tank ... but before
i do .. i would like to experiment on it first on a 10 gal tank
its written on the package that its an " SILICEOUS EARTH MATERIAL "
and its called " JALITE " .. could someone please comment on this
and if someone out ther knows what "JALITE" is please help me out

TIA
MIKE CORDERO :o)