Re: Bleach

In a message dated 98-03-03 16:30:54 EST, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<<
 Paul has also described bleaching aquarium gravel however I was not able
 to get the bleach out after hours of rinsing. It didn't turn out to be
 cost effective in terms of effort. My water is very soft so maybe that
 had something to do with not being able to neutralize the bleach.

Won't viniger or other mild acids neautralize the bleach?  When ever I do
a through cleaning I soak everything a couple hours in viniger that rinse it a
few times.

However with the cost of NATURAL gravel The bleach and viniger needed
may be more expensive than buying new gravel.

Dennis