Fertilizer poisoning my fish???

You know those "Good news/Bad news" stories...

Good news: After a 2 year search, I finally found a store carrying the
elusive Siamese Algea Eater. After checking my notes gathered off of the
Krib and this group, and being convinced that these really were THE SAEs, I
picked up a dozen of them for my 75 gallon tank. At the same time, I
decided to also pick up some fertilizer high in K, as I thought my tank was
potassium defficient. Tetra Initial Sticks 1-0-25 appeared to fit the bill
well, so I picked up a box.

Bad news: The directions said to burry the sticks in the gravel bed. Not
wanting to risk contaminating my tank (I had been playing paintball earlier
in the day, so my arms were dirty), I foolishly decided to drop the sticks
directly onto the gravel.

Good news: Shortly after adding the fertilizer, my plants started bubbling.
With them happy, I was happy.

Bad news: As the sticks started to break up into a dusty covering, my brand
new SAEs began to EAT the partially dissolved fertilizer sticks!!! Not to
be outdone, my pl*co started digging in also. Pretty soon, everybody was
making a meal out of the Tetra Sticks. Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Good news: I know, I just KNOW, that somebody out there can tell me what I
should do about this.

Is there any antidote? Do I induce vomiting? Do I give them milk?

Is this a problem or am I just being an overprotective dad?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Carlos