Re: Clown Loach Eating Plants?

>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:04:27 EST
>From: MidMOPub at aol_com
>Subject: Clown Loach Eating Plants?
>
>The gang of 3 three
>clown loaches were attacking a helpless sword leaf! It amazed me to hear
this
>load clicking noise and see a new hole appear where they just attacked. I
>looked on many online info source before I bought these rather expensive
gems
>(clown loaches, $12 each) and nothing indicated to me that they attacked
>plants.
>
>   My question is has anybody else experienced this same phenomenon? (Did I
>just miss that paragraph that describes their vegetarian diet?)

I've been a lurker on this list for a few months and thought I'd surface for
a moment and reply :)  I also had a recent problem with my clown loach
eating plants. After 2 weeks of slowly losing leaves off my jungle vals, I
caught the cute lil bugger 'eating' them. Never got around to posting an ask
to see if anyone had had the problem. Instead, I moved him to a larger
(55g)tank with fewer plants and added a couple of buddies to maybe keep him
occupied. So far no noticeable damage to a couple Amazon swords and misc.
cryptocorynes.

P.S. For $12 I hope they weren't real teeny!