GE 100% silicone

Greetings ADPers,

Anyone see any problems using GE's 100% clear silicone in a planted discus
tank.  How or is this any different between the GE silicone and "aquarium
silicone" you can purchase in your LFS at 10x the price??   The GE 100%
Clear Silicone (Stock # GE012A, see below) that I have in my hand does NOT
seem to have UV-resistant properties which I have read in the past are toxic
to plant and/or fish.

The reason I asked is that I called GE and spoke to a representative that
indicated that GE sells two silicone products that are "FDA-approved" (yea
well look at PhenPhan). They are GE stock # GE012 and GE012A.  He even went
on to say that they were "aquarium safe".

Can anyone on the list confirm this through their own experience.

Thanks
Tom Brennan
brennans at ix_netcom.com