Re: surface scum

Sorry, can't agree with your experience.  My 30g tank has virtually zero surface
agitation, using a canister filter, and I have no surface scum.  The only time I did
have that problem was when a fish died in the tank and bacteria proliferated.  I
don't know why others are having scum problems, but using a canister filter with no
agitation is not the cause.

Cathy Hartland
in Maryland, where we've given up on hopes for skiing this year