Re: 24v transformer

>Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:22:56 -0500
>From: "Tom Brennan" <brennans at ix_netcom.com>
>
>Anybody bought one from them lately or know where I can get one
>in the Wash DC area ?

Find an Allied Electronics catalog (they are probably on the web).  They have
transformers, all kinds of transformers.

> Do the Dupla cables come with cable anchors from Daleco?

Yes, anchors come with the cables.  They didn't used to and no one bought them
[at $2 each!] so now they are included with the cable at some additional charge
[$2 each].

>You know I just don't get it.  Why haven't the domestic vendors decided to
>build and market the Dupla equivalent.  Even at 2/3 the price they would
>make a killing !

It's not just the parts cost. There is advertising, inventory, manufacturing
costs, etc.  For example, a 100w "power supply" (transformer, case, banana
jacks, fuse, power cord) costs me $45 in parts, 1 1/2 hours in assembly time and
I sell it for $60. I do this as a "service" to try to lower the cost of getting
into high tech 'cause I'm such a sweet guy.  I only charge a little over cost so
I don't seem like a fool. If one gets damaged in shipment, I have to build
another one at my expense and lose whatever profit I gained on the last 3 since
people don't seem interested in sending back the damaged one so I can salvage
the good parts.  If I was going to actually make money on doing this, I would
have to charge about as much as Dupla and them wouldn't sell any.

By the way, Sandpoint tried offering heating cables at about 2/3 the price a few
years ago and, umm, they're out of business now. Coincidence?

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
Need Info?  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm