Re: Alkalinity

In a message dated 98-02-15 16:19:28 EST, Paul wrote:

<<  The
 tap water where I live is just like softened hard water, and I wonder what
 chemical processes underground produced it.  It has no measurable calcium
 with the LaMotte calcium test kit, and no measurable GH with the Tetra kit.
 It has 9 degrees alkalinity (KH) with the Tetra kit, and the pH out of the
 tap is 8.5. >>

Yes my softened Tap water also gives the unbelievably high pH reading as
well.  The interesting me to me though is that if let it settle for 3 days in
seperate container the pH reading drops to about 7.4?  Any idea what is
happening here?