Re: CO2 valves & 24v transformers

Dave & Steve:

ARO is a division of Ingersoll-Rand.  The site you want to check out for
CO2 valves is:

http://aro.ingersoll-rand.com/power/valve.htm

Phones numbers and valve info is included.  If you're lucky to have a
Grainger's (multi-purpose anything you want store) they have a 3000+
page catalog that has the valves including solenoids from ARO and
others.

> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:12:17 -0800
> From: Dave Mosley <dxm1 at calweb_com>
> Subject: Re: co2 gauges
>
> On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:41:05, Stephen Pushak wrote:
>
> > Ok, who knows the Canadian distributor for ARO or Nupro?
>
> your nearest nupro distributer can be found at swagelock's home page:
>
> http://www.swagelok.com/enter5.htm  (Who to Call)
>
> i haven't found ARO on the web yet, but a phone call to:
>
> (419) 636-4242
>
> will get you the name of the nearest supplier.

Dave & Paul

My 2 cents re: the 24v transformer.  Make sure you know what current
rating the power supply can handle.  If you build your heater for
greater than 3 amps, it will burn up the standard pre-packaged 24v
transformers that plug directly into 115v socket.  They are generally
rated less than 1 amp.
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:16:55 -0800
> From: Paul Nicholson <paul at eisusa_com>
> Subject: Re: 24v transformer
>
> At 3:48 AM -0500 2/14/98, Dave Mosley <dxm1 at calweb_com> responded.
>
> >a 24V DC power supply is not all that complicated, but care must be
> >taken in it's design and construction.
<snip>

> Paul

|   Tom Petersen                    |
|   peter334 at tc_umn.edu             |
|   Office of Information Technology|
|___Carlson School of Management____|