laterite info. and clown loaches

A hearty thanks for all the laterite info (on the list and privately).

On a side note, I have one small clown loach who never touched a leaf until I got some new small melon swords.  Now all the new leaves look like torn lace.  I've dosed the plants with trace elements into the substrate so I don't think its a nutrient deficiency (but I still could be wrong) so now I'm suspicious of the loach.  Too bad because the plants were really attractive.  I'll have to take the lists advice and start feeding lettuce to him.

Cindy