RE: loaches

My clown loaches do poke holes in the Java fern, and it's definitely not
poisonous because I transferred a large batch of it (on a piece of
driftwood) into an unplanted tank with two 6-inch tinfoil barbs.  They
liked the Java fern salad even better than the anacharis and duckweed I
dump in there every week.  I had hoped they would leave the Java fern alone
so I could decorate a little better, but no such luck.  It may taste bad to
any self-respecting fish, but as far as I can tell, tinfoils will eat
pretty much anything. I think the deterrant for most fish is that the
leaves seem pretty tough compared to many other aquatic plants.  Maybe it's
just not worth the effort?

Melissa
mshea at delta_info.net