RE: Clown Loaches Eating Plants

I have two 2-inch clown loaches in my 40g planted tank, and yes, they like
the amazon swords.  And the Java fern.  But they keep the plague of
ramshorns under control, which was their original purpose. I get the
impression they are eating snail eggs off the leaves, not just randomly
poking holes in the plants, since the snails seem to like laying their eggs
on the bottom surfaces of the wide leaves, and I always see the fish poking
at the plants from below.

They are definitely omnivores, going for the algae wafers above the sinking
shrimp pellets, but eating snails avidly too.

Melissa
mshea at delta_info.net