Zeolite

Dear collegues,

I came accross one article related to zeolite in oct-nov 97 HORTICULTURE
magazine. The article says that it has a very good cation exchange
capacity and also adsorb the elements and can release gradually
according to the requirement of the plants.
I want to know whether this mineral can be used as an alternative to
peatmoss or laterite in order to enhance the CEC capacity to the
aquarium substrate . Anybody has tried this material in conjunction with
sand (but no laterite and peat moss ) and if so please let me know the
outcome .

Thanks,

Unnikrishnan.

ORIENTAL AQUARIUM'S PTE LTD