No Subject

>   I have been noticing that all my sword plants in my 29 gal tank were
>getting holes through out one or two leaves apiece.  I had suspected my
>Chines algae Eater because I have been warned that they sometimes can
>attack plants.  Today when I woke up I heard a very annoying clicking
>sound from the tank. I turned the tank light on and waited for it to
>start again. The gang of 3 three clown loaches were attacking a helpless
>sword leaf! It amazed me to hear this load clicking noise and see a new
>hole appear where they just attacked. I looked on many online info source
>before I bought these rather expensive gems (clown loaches, $12 each) and
>nothing indicated to me that they attacked plants.
>
>   My question is has anybody else experienced this same phenomenon? (Did
>I just miss that paragraph that describes their vegetarian diet?)

I knoticed this also.  I was rather annoyed also like you were, I have a
school of 13 of them.  I found that if I put a piece of lettuce in the
tank they will happly tear holes into it and eat that instead.  After
doing that for a month my swords are almost hole free again.  The seem to
really prefered the swords more than anything else in the tank.  Make sure
to sink the lettuce.

|  220 HP 89 Conquest TSi   Powered By HKS    PIAA 670 Watts of Ion |
|  Power for speed!!!!      "Life begins at 130!"                   |
|  HKS, Brembo, GTX, MSD, K&N, NGK, Eibach, Tokico       150 Mph    |
|  JL Audio, PPI, MB Quart, Audio Control, Pioneer       118dB      |
|  Tony Tam                         tamx0004 at tc_umn.edu             |
|  Please stop by my page "http://umn.edu/~tamx0004"                |