Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #78

> ><snip>
> >
> >> *While not strictly a plant deficiency, I have wondered if when my
> >> ramshorn snail shells get streaky, or even turn pale/ whiteish, that
is
> >> a symptom of something that could warn of a plant deficiency too?  Any
> >> ideas? - Chris

Dear Chris,

This is an experiment.  Get any kind of shell & put it in acid.  It will
melt!  Check PH & make sure it is near neutral.  The snails love harder
water & higher ph unfortunately most plants hate that (exactly my problem
also).  Putting some coral sand in the canister or in the aquarium will
help.  Now how will this affect the plants?  I frankly have no idea
whatsoever.

Good Luck

Jeff at netasia_net