Most reliable test kits for a planted tank?

I a rather new, although I have done much reading.  Anyway, I am planing on setting up a 10 gallon planted tank with Angelfish.  I plan on using yeast injection, laterite, fertilizer tablets, and 2 light tubes (3 watts/gallon?)  The LFS sold me some "peat plates" so the plants could root.  I plan to use these and some driftwood to make the water soft.  I think that Angelfish prefer softish, slightly acidic water.  What would be the best test kit for hardness and pH in this case?  I am considering the deluxe assortment kit for Aquarium Pharmaceuticals but would like to get your thoughts first.

Thank you,
Walker Traylor
traylor at gloryroad_net
http://www.gloryroad.net/~traylor/