Boiling wood-- in what?

 Andy Dilbert wrote:
>Subject: Re: Driftwood Conditioning

>I have a dumb question:  What kind of pot do you use?  I tried boiling my
>driftwood (about 18 inches long) and I couldn't fit it in the pot.  Maybe a
>wok would work better?

Andy,
I don't think it's a dumb question. I was picturing a great iron cauldron
sitting on a fire in the back yard. What on earth *could* one boil
driftwood of any size in?? The biggest pot most folks have is the one they
boil pasta in. Guess I could go down to the Pan Pacific Hotel and ask to
use their kitchen to boil my wood. <g>

Olga
in Vancouver where we are having another blue sky day