Re:driftwood conditioning-thanks

--- You wrote:
I do this for fresh and salt water tanks by taking dry wood, either
real drift wood or standing dead wood from the forest (maple in my
case) and boiling it for many hours (>7 typically), changing the water
every few hours, until the water comes clear. By then the wood sinks
as it has absorbed enough water and it is also pretty sterile so I'm
not introducing pathogens into the tanks.
--- end of quote ---

Thanks!  There's alot of scrubbed and bleached wood that collects at the dams
on the river here, that I thought would be good.

I'm hoping that it will be less likely to stain the water much since it's very
bleached out to start with and the bark is long gone.          -sj