snails

I find it interesting that I have similar experience with snails as Paul K.
 To date, I have not seen any damage from my 'pond' snails.  They do keep
rocks (mostly) and leaves (some) relatively clean.

Admittedly, I have only had planted tanks for 3 or 4 months. It is also
interesting that I live in Jackson MS as does Paul K.
In my case, the snails came from local Cypress swamps and ponds.  Perhaps
all snails generalized as 'pond snails' are in fact not the same?

A.