RO for aquaria

Since my well water hardness is 430ppm and house has built in ion exchange
water softener, I was convinced that Reverse Osmosis system is the best
approach for me to get good quality water for my tanks.  I was searching in
the Krib, FAQ and Web but only general statements and rejection tables were
found.  I have decided on 35gal/day unit, which will give me more than I
will ever need.
My question is on actual set-up because storage tank will be only three gal.
Do I have a barrel where to store and mix with my raw water? If not mixing
with raw water, what needs to be added to get proper chemistry?  What kind
of heaters you use to preheat the water before adding during the water
changes? Is a copper piping O.K. to use for the distribution?
Your answers will be much appreciated.
Charlie