light and depth (life and death?)

I wanted to retract a short, obscure comment I made concerning a 40 long and
a 30 tall.  I had mentioned a friend and I had used the same methods and
equivalent lighting for growing aquatics but I had good results and his
were....um, ....um.... lacking.  I wrote it off as a result of the depth of
the tanks and light penetration.  Ooops, having just read (2-1-98) the
section at the Krib concerning this very topic.............
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/Lights/depth.html
..........I guess that is not the reason.  Just wanted to apologize for
perpetuating something which has obviously been hashed out before.

Dennis J. Harney
Miami University, Botany Dept.