sleeping plants

Hello,

The leaves on some plants (?) 'close' at the end of the day.  My 1st grader
and I notice this particularly in Myrio's, and Cabomba.  Can someone
explain/direct me to more info regarding this mechanism?  I am
particularily interested, since it is my impression that mine close BEFORE
the lights turn off.  The plants seem to know when they have had 'enough'.

Assuming it is a cicadian rythym type of activity, could I modify it by
darkening the tank in the day, and then lighting at night?

TIA
A.