Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #57

 "T. Prather" wrote
>Subject: plants and light
>
>I hate to say it, but you would be lucky even to grow water sprite with
>one 15 watt bulb.
<snip>
>For a 20 high, if your growing 'high' light level plants, then we
>recommend 92 watts minimum.  For 'medium-bright' plants we recommend
>61 watts minimum, and for 'low to medium' light plants we recommend
>41 watts minimum.

Well Tom, that makes it difficult to explain my 30 gallon high tank that
has one 15 watt flourescent over it. It's a gold fish tank (cold water,
ugf) and in there grows: Corkscrew Val, Anubias, Java Fern, Java Moss,
Ceratopteris t. True they grow slowly but they look great, green, bushy and
healthy! BTW it's been set up for years so it's not a new thing. I add
Tropica Master Grow weekly and change water every two weeks.

Olga
in Vancouver