Re: Ironite, anyone used this before?

Hi.  I used ironite when I was starting my tank.  I had been unable to find
the trace mix at the time.  It contains no harmful chemicals and can be
used in the aquarium.  It is better suited for the substrate however.  It
is mostly insoluable which makes using it as a PMDD base difficult(but not
impossible)  I used about a cupfull in a pint of boiling water and let it
settle and used the liquid as a PMDD base.  It seemed to work as well as
the trace mix.  It's a great additive for the substrate.

Regards,
Onis
k5vkq at ix_netcom.com