Magnum Filter

Hello.  I just bought a Magnum 330 canister filter from a friend.  I was
reading about it and noticed that it needed to be oiled.  Can I use a
paraffin based oil on it?  I also recently purchased a Magnum 350 pro
system and put it into a new 55 gallon tank with two air pumps and
several lava rocks. I also have two 48 inch reddish colored lights.  I
have gravel in the bottom of my tank. I was wondering if anyone had
suggestions for some tall background plants, medium middle ground plants
and some short foreground plants.  I also heard that there are floating
plants.  Are they a good idea?  Any suggestions for my freshwater
community tank would be appreciated.  thanks

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]