Re: Light Timers

>From: "Sherlock W. Wong" <wong at dt_wdc.com>

>If you don't need a dimmer, you can buy a digital
>single plug timer from Intermatic. You can program up
>to 6 on-off events. The timer is around $15.00
>at Home Depot or Home Base.

I use a central heating/hot water timer.  It gives two circuits, one ("hot
water") goes to one set of lights and one ("central heating") to the other.
The times are set to turn one of the tubes on first and off last to avoid
sudden changes.  Works fine.  Cost 45 UK pounds.

Try my Web Site at http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~lachlan/timber.html which is
on the History and Construction of Medieval Timber-Framed Houses.