Complete strip down (what's a good sterilizer for BG algae?)

        After much thought I've decided to strip the tank down and sterilize it.
I would like an entire tank disinfection, plants included. I have a very bad
infestation of blue-green algae, what kind of solution would be a good
sterilizer? I want the sterilize the plants separately, what I need is a solution
that would not kill my plants. Do the fish need to be sterilize as well?

What would be a good solution? How would I go about doing this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.      8^)