Re: Deformed Amazon Swords ?

>Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:32:32 +0000
>From: A M Moore <andy at ascot_u-net.com>
>
>is there any reliable way
>of testing tank Calcium & Potassium levels ?

LaMotte makes a hardness test kit that measures "General Hardness", i.e., Ca and
Mg hardness.  The kit allows a measurement of both and a measurement of just Mg
(or just Ca, I forget which).  Subtracting one result from the other result
gives you a measure of the second ion. See my web page for details.

I think potassium requires a test requiring an expensive electrode.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
Need Info?  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm