divider glass

Sorry for the incomplete messages i wrote days ago...forgive me
guys...my comp screwed up real bad and i really am so embarrased to know
that all that garbage has been sent.Forgive me.
The question is ....i have this piece of glass glued right in the middle
of the top of the tank and it look like it's for the main support for
the front and rear walls. I don't really know how effective it is but
it's giving me alot of light loss when dust accumilates .I see most of
the new tanks sold out there comes without it and i was wondering if i
used a daimond cutter to snap it off...will the consequence be
disasterous? i hate to clean it so regularly and i am on the verge of
breaking it,,can someone give me advise on my decision? the divider
collects not only food flakes, dust and obstructs my hand from reaching
plants from the other end! frusfrating!!!help me guy out please! i have
a 4 ft by 1.5...nad the major pain is cleaning the middle glass panel
everyday,,,tell me,,,should i break it off with a glass cutter? is it
safe?I am worried that they might have built the tank this way and
anything removed might cause a diassater..can some one help me please?
Thanx,,Ray(singapore)