Typical beginner's lighting questions!!!

I have a couple of questions on lighting.

(1) What is the standard amount of light needed for a 10 gal tank?
Referring to page 183 in the Dupla book, 15 watts would be adequate for
such a tank. Would 15 watts be enough light for plants in the "high
light" categorty? If not:

(2) Does anyone know of a company that maunfactures twin tube light
strips for 18" bulbs? There are no aquarium companies that build such
items.

(3) GE puts out a "Daylight" tube that is 5000 Kelvins. Is this within
the desired Kelvin temp. range for plants? Has anyone had any direct
experience with this bulb? Got any suggetions for others besides
Vita-lite?

Along with reading through FAQ, I've had recommendations from a couple
of people whom have suggested using two bulbs. I would like to rig my
tank up with 2 but my current design doesn't give me enough space on the
top of the tank to do so. Any suggestions on how to rig up a space
saving twin tube strip light for a 10g would be appreciated (the reason
for question 2). Keep in mind that I am not an electrician. (I don't
want to electricute myself)

None the less, thank you for your support!

Im gonna be really PO'd if nobody responds to this post......Just
kidding ;)

Walt

<")}}})><