Re: carpet plant

> I would really like some type of plant that I can use to kind of
>"carpet" the floor.  ... I need something that will propagate >over the
tank but remain low to the ground.  Any suggestions?

Get some Lilaeopsis.  Looks like grass.  Mine have stayed well below 3"
(although it seems I read of other 'types' that get taller).  This is my
first tank and they look great without injected CO2 and minimum light.
They took awhile to establish (month or two), but then they spread like
crazy.  It's a pain to plant, maybe someone with more experience knows the
secret.

Nicole Winstead
bwinstea at students_uiuc.edu