Good "carpet" plant

Hello, I'm in the process of buying plants for my tank, and I would really
like some type of plant that I can use to kind of "carpet" the floor.  I
really like that look and I see it a lot in Aquatic Plant books.   I am
not familiar with a lot of plants yet, but I have thought of possibly
trying Pygmy Chain Swordplant or some type of small Anubias?  I don't know
exactly... I need something that will propagate over the tank but remain
low to the ground.  Any suggestions?

Matt Kowske
xc at innocent_com