Re: Subject: Co2 Reactor

I suspect that the feeding the CO2 into your power filter was
working quite a bit better than what you are currently doing,
but have you tested your water to find
out how effective either method has been? A way that has been
suggested on this list is to take pH tests.  As CO2 is acidic, you
can take 2 tests of the water and compare them.  In one test, aerate
the water by shaking hard for about 20 seconds to get rid of CO2.
The one you shake should have a higher pH if you have enough CO2. You
might want to try this later in the day.  In the morning, you will probably have
quite a bit of CO2, even if your system is fairly inefficient.

When you where feeding the CO2 into your filter, where you putting it
directly in, or where you starting out with an air stone.  I have done
it both ways and like using an air stone much more.  When putting it
directly in, a lot of the CO2 just shot out of the filter.

- Darrell