[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #24
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #24
- From: "David Thomas Gauthier" <gauthie9 at pilot_msu.edu>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:22:02 -0500 (EST)
- In-Reply-To: <199801140848.DAA20561 at acme_actwin.com> from "Aquatic Plants Digest" at Jan 14, 98 03:48:08 am
> >Marine algaes are beautiful and plentiful and would make a very
> >interesting tank, but are not plants, they are "lower" life forms.
> Sorry, wrong. Algae, whether macro or micro are absolutely plants. More
> primitive, perhaps, but definitely plants.
Perhaps we should start using the terms "vascularized" (e.g. eel grasses or
"higher plants") and "non-vascularized" (e.g. kelp or algaes) when
referring to marine species to avoid further confusion. But, Plantae is