DIY Co2

 "Jonathan Uy" wrote:

>Subject: DIY CO2 turning pink
>
>I notice that my yeast mixtures turns pink after a few days.  I have not
>changed my mixture or anything and I think I'm not getting the same
>bubbling rate in the past.  I used 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of yeast,
>and tap water in a 2 liter pop bottle injected into a cannister filter.
>This usually last 2 to 3 weeks.  What could possibly be cause this pink
>yeast mixture?  Thanks.

I can't imagine what would turn it pink but you will have a better output
that will last longer if you mix: 2 cups sugar, 6 cups luke warm water, 1
teaspoon yeast, and one teaspoon baking soda. That mixture runs well for me
for 4 weeks minimum. In fact I'm changing one today that has been running 5
weeks and still going. Perhaps a chemist out there can give you a reason
for "pinkness."

Olga
in clear, sunny and cold Vancouver