Steve, pedantic????

I don't know whether Steve is pedantic, and I really don't care. I enjoy
his posts, I learn something from some of them, and I get a lot to think
about from others. I may never do a tank with a "Pushak" substrate, but
then again I keep thinking of trying something from his ideas just to see
what happens for me. You never know. And that has nothing to do with a
search for the substrate "holy grail" - it's about the opportunity to try
something new and to see what happens with it, how it stacks up to my
current practices, and what I can eventually bring from one to the other
to get a little closer to what we all want - the perfect, no maintenance,
ultimate growth, absolutely beautiful masterpiece. It's nice to know
we'll never achieve it because the real fun is in the trying, thinking,
talking and writing, etc. I definitely don't want to see Steve give up on
any of that including the writing.

I feel the same about the postings of many of the other regulars - learn
from some items, think about others, and enjoy almost all of them. On the
enjoyment side I'd probably prefer not to see "flame wars" when things
start to get personal as they sometimes do, but a good "hammer and tongs"
debate that doesn't degenerate to personal criticism can be fun and
educational. That's a hard line to toe and we can all get that wrong
occasionally.

Steve, please keep up the posts. We all lose when someone who cares about
something as you do, and who tries to share his joy and interests, feels
they have to pull back from that.

David Aiken