gelatinous 'stuff'

I have white transluscent gelatinous 'whispy' masses developing around the
airstones terminating my DIY CO2 system.  They occur in two new tanks ( 2
and 4 weeks old) which are otherwise similar to what was an established UGF
tank, to which I also recently added DIY CO2 (with no apparent 'stuff').

Can someone tell me what this might be?

TIA
A.

BTW, thank you for all the info regarding plastic hinge strip.  Pet
warehouse does have it, for about $4 per 30" length.  It is black however,
so I will continue to look for the clear stuff (every lumen counts...).