Polishing Glass

Paul Krombholtz shares woes of glass getting cloudy.

TO polish glass - - - - Think like a telescope maker. I think you need either
Cerium Oxide (pink) or Jewelers Rouge (red) Both come in different grits.
Anyway, you CAN polish the glass right back to perfectly clear.  Lens and
Mirror finishers often use their THUMB as a "lap" for removing really TINY
amounts of glass to perfect either a lens or a mirror. When I say "TINY," I
mean in billionths of an inch.

The BAD part - You will not polish it evenly, which will mean the surface will
no longer be "parallel," which is another way of saying you are polishing
little lens structures into the surface. They won't mess up the tranmission of
light to your plants, but they might make the view through that top glass
slightly distorted.

Cheers!

Jean Olson
JOlson8590 at AOL_com