Re: Does anyone konw this plant?

> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 23:13:41 +0100
> From: "THOMAS KRYGER" <tdkryger at get2net_dk
>
>I realy don't now much about this plant, except it's name which is Samolus. I
>don't now if it's the true name of this plant.
>... If anyone can help me I would be glad

This is Samolus valerandi (older name S. parviflorus), also called Water
Cabbage. It does very well in our tanks and propagates easily. We have moderate
light (1.6 w/g), CO2, Dupla substrate and fertilizers. It's a good foreground
plant although it can grow tall when it propagates.

The plant propagates by forming baby plants on stems growing up out of the
mother plant. Once they have roots, they break off the mother and sink to the
bottom. We've been keeping this plants for 7 years.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
Need Info?  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm