RE: Plants for Coldwater.

Well, I'm absolutely unqualified to answer, but I'll share the following:

I've always wanted to try a Madagascar Lace Plant, but was discouraged by
it's need to lie dormant for some months (temp around 13degC).  If you had
a tank that you were allowing to fluctuate with the seasons you may be able
to provide some plants with temps favorable to 'hibernation' in the winter.

That said, most plants will do quite well in cooler water.  Provided you do
not allow the temperature to fluctuate wildly throughout the day (like next
to a window), as it will stress you fauna (assuming you will keep a few
fish). Although most tropical plants come from water within 24 to 27 degC
(sans temporary conditions that may exceed 34 degC), our homes are
routinely only 18 to 21 degC (my home is ~ 16 degC in winter, on the chilly
side).  Growth will be much slower, but oxygen and Co2 carrying capacities
should be greater.

In the Optimum Aquarium and APD archives, there is a lot of discussion on
the pros of substrate heating from an iron bonding and nutrient feeding
standpoint.  However, not much press on whether the plants themselves mind
being cold, (most prefer not to be too hot for long).

Sorry I was unable to supply you with even so much as an inchoate summary
of cold loving plants.  Suggest trying:
http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm or
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/krib/ or
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/AGA/