Re: Algae Scrubbers

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Matthew Mason wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can read about algae scrubbers?  Or does anyone
> know the general features, performance, idea, complexity, success that
> others have had?  Thanks.  I am considering trying it as an experimental
> thing on one of my tanks.

They're very extensively discussed in "Dynamic Aquaria" (Adey and Lovejoy,
I think).  The APD archives at www.actwin.com also contains useful
discussions about algae scrubbers in planted tanks.

The archives are a great resource *and* they have a search facility.  Try
it, you'll like it :-).

Roger Miller