Algae Scubbers

Does anyone know where I can read about algae scrubbers?  Or does anyone
know the general features, performance, idea, complexity, success that
others have had?  Thanks.  I am considering trying it as an experimental
thing on one of my tanks.

Matthew T. Mason                              "All biologists are elements
Doctoral Student                                    in a philosophical
The Ohio State University                     paradox: Life
Department of Molecular Genetics        measuring itself."
mason.163 at osu_edu