[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: About Ghost shrimp...
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com (Aquatic-Plants)
- Subject: Re: About Ghost shrimp...
- From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:18:13 -0600
- Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP88195412133a0206807 at dsks52_itg.ti.com>
>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 02:51:13 -0800 (PST)
>From: "M. Pearlscott" <pearlsco at u_washington.edu>
>Yes, those clear little shrimp you get 5 for a dollar for are the famed
>ones used by Amano. He also uses a couple other species as well.
The ones Yamato mentions and displays on his web page and in his video are
Cardina japonica, an asian grass shrimp. They have brown lines down their
Ghost shrimp are the ones you find as feeders at pet stores, and they do
eat filamentous and unicellular algae. I don't know whether or not they
eat algae as rapidly as Cardina japonica.
David W. Webb Texas Instruments
(972) 575-3443 (voice) http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager) 2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com