Micro fine bubbles all in tank

My planted tank has developed a case of thousands, probably millions of microsized
bubbles.  I had a problem where too much co2 was released the other day, but other than
that I dont know where they could be coming from.  The canister hasnt been cleaned for
two weeks, and they dont appear to be coming from it.  I shut off the canister for 15
minutes and some bubbles float to the top, but they dont seem to be much in a hurry to do
it.  I get pearling from most of my plants, and the only thing different lately has been
the addition of 8 otto cats.  Any ideas what else to look for, I check my connections and
fittings and cant see anything wrong.  Could it be oxygen bubbles, but why so many, I can
still see some coming from the plants but never so many.  Thanks
Chris