Phillips F40DX Bulb

>Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 00:29:24 -0600 (CST)
>From: Michael W McGrath <mcgrath at citilink_com>
>Subject: Phillips F40DX Bulb

>I stopped at Home Depot today to pickup some 4ft GE Sunshine bulbs(aka
>chroma 50s). In the past 4 or 5 months they have not been in stock,
>and as I found out today, they are no longer carring them. Instead they
>have a Phillips F40DX Bulb that has a 5600K reading. No spectrum readout
>was available. Anywas, does anyone know anythign about this bulb?
>I really licked the GE SUNSHINE for its color and my plants did great with
>it.
>Thanks
>Mike

I would recommend "licking" flourescent lamps even less than reading e-mail
with a plastic bag on your head <g>.

No, seriously, I did a little searching, and came up with the following:

>From http://www.lighting.philips.com/nam/
Product           Number Bulb Length  Watts  Lumens  Life     Color  CRI
                                                            (Hours)  temp
F40DX/RS/EW/ALTO  266593 T-12 48"     40     2,025   20,000   6500   84

>From http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/Lights/fluorescent-table.html
Lg  W   Suplier  Type         Color  Part#           CRI Inital
                                                         Lumens
48  40  GE       Daylight     6250K  F40D             75  2550
48  40  GE       Chroma 50    5000K  F40/C50          90  2250

Last time I was at Home Base (Bellingham, WA) they carried Chroma 50's, shop
 around.  I would look in your yellow pages under "Lighting".  Any lighting
supplier should be able order them for you.

-Pete Schmidt
In chilly and overcast Bellingham, WA.  Yesterday was beautiful tho.