Re: Aphids

Paul Garrett has an infestation of aphids in a small tank.
Well Paul, I have a similar problem which to date remains
intractable. It affects most of my aquariums. As a problem
it ranks right up there with black brush algae. It looks
like ladybug predation is one more potential solution that
the rest of us will not have to try. Carbon dioxide asphix-
iation was innovative. Have you considered carbon monoxide?

I had thought of introducing a small "slamander" to graze among
the floating leaves. Anyone tried this?

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca