[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sodium biphosphate
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Sodium biphosphate
- From: "Curtis Hoganson" <hoganson at pilot_msu.edu>
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 12:12:05 -0500 (EST)
- In-Reply-To: <199711270848.DAA08972 at acme_actwin.com> from "Aquatic Plants Digest" at Nov 27, 97 03:48:10 am
> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 00:20:05 -0500 (EST)
> From: JOlson8590 at aol_com
> Subject: Sodium Biphosphate and Other Sorrows
> I spent some time talking with my Chemist son late last night. The MAIN
> problem is that Chemists now use different (and much more accurate)
> terminology. They don't use terms like "Sodium Biphosphate," as it is
> inaccurate. He could not even FIND the term, "Sodium Biphosphate" in his
> reference books! Which, of course, does not help US at all!
> So you might be talking about Na4P2O7, or Na2HPO4.
> I hope this is of some assistance, not just more annoyance!
> Jean Olson
> JOlson8590 at AOL_com
I found the term sodium biphosphate in the Merck Index.
The formula is NaH2PO4.
Curtis Hoganson Dept. of Chemistry, Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824 517-355-9715 ext 260