Brands of MH pendants

Hi,
I am trying to decide on which brand to purchase and was wondering if
anyone had good or bad comments on the brand(s) they use.  I'm
considering only the models sold for aquarium use because the hydroponic
ones I've seen here in Honolulu 1) don't have any splash shield, 2) look
very industrial (just bent sheetmetal), and 3) cost the same as the
aquarium ones.  Unfortunately, no one here stocks the aquarium ones so
it's hard for me to examine things like ballast noise, 'quality of
construction', etc.  The pictures in the magazines (e.g., Hamilton,
Energy Savers) all look the same to me.

Thanks for your help.

Wade Shimoda
Honolulu, HI